It is with great pleasure that Vasiti wishes to break a Sensational news that UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN 2017 convocation and 69th FOUNDATION DAY CEREMONIES will be COMING UP ON 13, 14, 15,16 AND 17 NOVEMBER, 2017.
NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
Hearty congratulations to graduands on the successful completion of their programmes in the University, both on the regular and the Open and Distance Learning mode.
The graduation ceremony is a very important activity in your sojourn through the University of Ibadan. Therefore, endeavour to read the notice below very carefully:
1. Graduands are expected to collect academic outfits before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of school fees containing the appropriate Graduation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) must be paid to the alumni Office.
All Graduands are expected to pay levies as stipulated whether or not they attend the convocation ceremonies.
2. Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only to their respective Faculty Officers or Deputy Registrars for the academics outfits.
3. Academic outfits Notices and Order of Proceedings (if available) will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Faculties. This applies to DLC learners too. Please note that Academics Outifits will not be distributed at the convocation venue.
4. Academic outfits should be returned not later than 48 hours after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attracts a Surcharge of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only per day.
5. Graduands who fail to return the academics outfit will have their certificates withheld until they fulfil the above requirement.
6. Robing of Graduands will commence at 7:00 am on each day at the venue of the ceremony. Therefore, Graduands are advised to be at the International Conference Centre at 7.00 a.m on each day to ensure that they are properly robed. Please note that graduants who are not properly robed will not be allowed into the main hall. Rather, they will be expected to sit in the Gallery. The Faculty Officers would be seated with graduands of their Faculties to ensure orderliness during the ceremony.
The tassels (cord) of the caps should be worn to the right for First Degree Graduands and they will be required to move the tassels from the right to left, at a point in time during the Ceremony, when the Vice-Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the University of Ibadan.
Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
7. Female Graduands are expected to courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male Graduands will bow, but should not remove their caps.
8. Graduands are to enter the International Conference Centre through the back gate. They shall move in a Procession at 8.15am into the Hall on each day.
9. Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the hall. Graduands who are nursing mothers are to be seated in the gallery for their own convenience.
10. Graduation ceremony is a solemn occasion. Graduands and their visitors are therefore expected to maintain a solemn atmosphere throughout the programme.
11. Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem are being sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
12. For acceptable format of dressing for the ceremony, please visit the University of Ibadan website.
13. Graduands should note that convocation ceremony is a solemn one. Therefore, movement in and out of the hall during the ceremony will not be allowed.
Wishing you God’s blessing in your future endeavours and as ambassadors of this great Institution.
Thank you and God bless.
Dr. Ikeoluwapo O.Moody
Deputy Registrar (Academic)