Food is life some people say, so there’s a General belief that what one eats has a way of affecting the person, whether adversely or positively. Below are some food myths we grew up believing as they were passed down from one generation to another.
- Beans Makes one tall : I’m sure there’s nobody that hasn’t heard of this one. This is false because height is majorly a genetic factor.
- Vitamin C (e.g oranges) stops cold : Contrary to the belief that vitamin C can keep you from catching a cold, research has shown that vitamin C doesn’t ward off cold.
- Coconut water makes one dumb: I wonder who came up with this, nevertheless I couldn’t resist the sweet taste and still drank it as a kid. On the contrary, coconut water is quite nutritious.
- Swallowing Seeds makes the tree grow on your head: This is one funny myth, I can remember being scared after swallowing an orange seed, wonder why there isn’t an orange tree on my head yet.
- Okra makes one sluggish: Because okra is slimy, some believe eating it makes one sluggish. Contrary to this, okra is quite beneficial as its a rich source of fiber , minerals and vitamins.
- Snails slows one’s destiny: Due to their slowness, eating snails is believed by some to slow one’s destiny. Quite funny I must say.
- Eating Fish Eyes makes one have big eyes: Eating fish eyes might sound weird to some, but they are actually nutritious and doesn’t affect the size of one’s eyes.
- Eggs shouldn’t be shared: Some people believe boiled eggs shouldn’t be shared and individuals should eat whole eggs. I personally don’t know the logic behind this,but its definitely a myth as sharing eggs doesn’t have a repercussion.
Feel free to add yours in the comment section below. or share your own list with us by sending us a mail@ firstname.lastname@example.org